My name is Renée Lanser-Weissbach. Born with a German passport, I have been living abroad all my life. Professionally I have been active in the crisis management, consultancy and executive coaching business.
Since March 2006 I’m living happily together with my husband Pieter and our cats in a lovely, small village called Vlijmen which lies close to the city of ‘s-Hertogenbosch in the Netherlands.
In 2000 my decision to start breeding Norwegian Forest Cats was based on three reasons which are still valid today:
- I wanted to contribute to the development and promotion of this fantastic breed.
- My intention to do my share of serious breeding work in order to help to preserve and to improve the health & beauty of the breed.
- Last but not least, the- very selfish- pleasure to enjoy every day the beauty and wonderful character of these big wild looking cats .
The goal setting of my breeding plan is quite clear:
- Based on the very best available breeding lines, breed healthy, big, strong cats of fine type with an excellent sweet temper which is so typical of this wonderful breed.
- The perfect triangular head with a straight profile, reasonably big ears with tuffs & following the wedge as well as almond shaped, very expressive open eyes don’t allow any confusion with the American cousin, the Maincoon.
- A crisp fur texture with a lot of undercoat as well as the traditional well-developed knickers and ruff, are the additional attributes of the Norwegians with the wild look.
If the quality of the breeding lines and adequate matings are important, a healthy start in life is at least equally important. That’s the reason why all our breeding cats have been tested free by DNA tests on GSD IV & PK Def. And they are all tested normal on PKD/ CIN and HCM by Doppler echographic exam. All our breeding cats are tested before they get their first offspring, whatever their age is at that moment. After that, each cats is re-tested regularly until the age of 10 years and one last time when he/she is withdrawn from breeding.
We believe full vaccination coverage, repeated worming, veterinarian supervision as well as healthy food and good care are guarantees for a healthy, purring and well balanced kitten which will be a good companion to you for many years.
During their three/four months of stay in Titran’s cattery, our kittens are thoroughly socialized and brought up in middle of our living room. They can play with their brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces, grandmothers and … with us, visitors and many children who like to visit us! By doing so, there is an excellent chance that they will soon feel at home at your lace.
This post is also available in: Dutch German
Titran’s Norsk Skogkatt is Fifé registered, member of Felikat/NL and under veterinarian supervision & control of Dierenkliniek De Langstraat, Waalwijk
De Box 6
5251 DL VLIJMEN
+31 73 518 3304
We speak four languages: